Privacy & Cookies Policy
We’re committed to protecting your privacy. This policy details what personal information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how you can access and update it.
Who we are
Penzance Heliport Limited is a private limited company (company number 08169487) whose registered address is Peat House, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP.
About this policy
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information in several ways:
- From you, via our website, social media, phone, in person or via email
- Third party booking agencies who advertise our services
- Your interaction with our communications
- Third party review services such as TripAdvisor
- Third party accommodation providers
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you when you use our website and services:
- Identification: Title, name, date of birth, age/age range, gender
- Contact: Postal address, telephone numbers, email addresses
- Booking preferences: Preferred travel dates, travel destination and other relevant booking information
- Communication: Whether you wish to receive marketing updates from us, and if so, by what methods (post or email), your previous interactions with our staff by email, responses to questionnaires and surveys, your interaction with our marketing communications (for example clicking links in our emails). This data helps us provide information that you will find useful.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information to:
- Manage and fulfil your travel booking or order
- Understand how to improve our services, provide you with the most relevant information and advise on the best travel options to suit your requirements
- Detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services
- Enable the display of appropriate and relevant advertising on websites and other services where we place advertising
- Communicate with you, including responding to emails, telephone calls and social media
- Send you relevant marketing information by email, if you have requested it. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated you do not wish to be contacted.
- Manage competitions, offers and promotions in which you participate
- Ensure our website operates correctly
Legal basis of data processing
We store and use your information on a number of grounds:
- For some activities (such as marketing) we rely on consent which can be withdrawn at any time
- To manage your bookings, we rely process your data in order to fulfil our contract with you
- We are under a legal obligation to process some data for purposes such as accounting
- We process some data under the legitimate interests of our business, to make improvements to our services and to manage our operations
How we store and share your data
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Any personal information is kept private and securely stored until a time it is no longer needed, or until you request that we remove it from our records. At this point, it is securely destroyed.
We may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf. These companies will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and keep to all data privacy laws that apply. They will only be permitted to use your personal data for marketing purposes where you have specifically opted in to such marketing. We will never rent, lease or sell your data to other companies or individuals, unless required by law to do so.
Data is stored on our systems, which include some cloud services provided by third parties, such as the Campaign Monitor email system. Those third parties do not have access to your data.
Your rights regarding your data
Where we use your data with your consent (e.g. for marketing) you can withdraw this consent at any time by using the unsubscribe or preferences links in any email we send you. To unsubscribe from marketing communications from us, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access any data that relates to you, to delete it, and to object to its use for marketing. You can also check, correct and update your information (for instance, if you change address or email address). To do this, please contact us on email@example.com
If you are unhappy with how we have collected or used your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
It is possible to disable cookies using your browser preferences. Please note that turning off cookies may affect the functionality of our website.
Survey Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Staff members of Tresco Island, Penzance Heliport Ltd and Sloane Helicopters Ltd are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
Entry to the prize draw is by completing the online or paper survey. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. The prize draw is available to over 18s only.
There are three prizes of a pair of adult return tickets for the helicopter service from Penzance Heliport to be used during 2020. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
The prize draw closes at 11.59pm on 31st May 2019 with winners drawn by Penzance Heliport Ltd within 7 days using a computer programme to randomly generate a winner. The winners will be notified by email within 7 days to the email address they specified when they completed the survey. If a winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of being notified then they will forfeit the prize and a re-draw will take place. To claim the prize the winners must follow the instructions in the email notifying them that they are the winner. Winners will be able to book their tickets once ticket sales open in summer 2019. Winners’ names will be announced and may be used in publicity surrounding the prize draw.
No responsibility will be accepted for incomplete or lost entries or entries not received. In the event of any dispute, Penzance Heliport Ltd’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The name of the winner will be available after 15th June 2019 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
Promoter: Penzance Heliport Ltd, Peat House, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP